Member No.: 30,003

Gamertag: tEk_Adacc

Attached Image

---- About You ----

Name: Duncan Stanley

Date of Birth: October 1982

Home town: Rochester, NY

Tell us a little about yourself:

These are always the hardest parts of surveys. I’m 27, I have a bachelors in Political Science. I’ve been in and out of the Video Game Industry since 2000 in a wide variety of positions.

---- Gaming History ----

In past conversations you have mentioned that you have played all of the “Age of” games. Can you give us your names and highest rating?

I never really played the Age of games competitively, to be quite honest. I really enjoyed the single player campaigns but I’m not very good at Age3. I used to be decent at Warcraft 3 and World in Conflict, but I haven’t been playing too many other RTSs lately.

What were your favorite civilizations in these games?

I’m a lamer, so I really like Japan.

Any particular strategies that you like to use/abuse?

Nothing too surprising, I like to boom a lot. I tend to enjoy longer games, I’m not really a big fan of the rush.

Do you currently play Aoe3 under any smurf names?

I’ve been known to come on from time to time, but I couldn’t give out my name now could I? J But I’m pretty terrible, so I wouldn’t really consider it smurfing.

Do you currently play any other video games?

I just finished Mass Effect 2 and I’m working on BioShock 2 right now in my spare time. I’ve written a couple of blogs on games we play here at Robot, check them out: http://robotentertainment.com/Blogs/gamesrobotsplay .

---- Robot Entertainment ----

You are currently the “Community Manager” for Robot Entertainment. Is that your only duty or do you have other responsibilities that you can talk about?

As the community manager, I’m responsible for a lot of content for our websites and other public-facing issues. I handle tech support and do a bit of bug testing on our unannounced project. I’m also the official Robot Entertainment Photographer, which is both rewarding and exciting. My job actually involves quite a lot of reading (obviously) and doing research and writing reports.

Were you a former member of Ensemble Studios? If so can you tell us what duties you fulfilled while there?

I was on the Live Team as a moderator at ES. I was responsible for a lot of the Age 3 forums and tech support, as well as Halo Wars Forums before the game came out.

Can you give us any other information about your past gaming industry experience?

I started off as a beta tester at Ritual Entertainment way back in the summer of 2000, and from there spent time at Rogue Entertainment, Gathering of Developer/GodGames, and MumboJumbo. At most of those places I was either in Tech Support or doing QA work. My credited titles include Real MYST, Myth III: The Wolf Age, Baldur’s Gate II and Halo Wars.

What do you like the most about your job?

Helping customers and dealing with the public are two of my favorite things to do at work. I keep a folder of emails that I get back from customers that say thanks and it always makes me smile to get one of those. Also the people I work with are the best ever. My boss is very cool and so is everyone else. Going to work at a place where there isn’t anyone you don’t like is an amazing thing.

What do you like least?

Dealing with account thieves. It’s a ton of work to track down all of their emails, IP addresses, cd-keys, MAC addresses, and the accounts they stole and returning them to the original owner. It’s a lot of time that I’d rather spend on other things.

Robot Entertainment recently posted a job listing for Community Manager. Are you being replaced, promoted, or will there be two community managers from now on?

We are hiring another Community Manager. Other than that, I can’t really say much about it unfortunately.

Who is your favorite member of the Age of Empires/Mythology community?

I don’t think I can really go around claiming any favorites.

What is your general opinion of Age Sanctuary? Heaven Games?

Absolutely great resources for players new and experienced, with great forums. Both are wonderful sites that I am very glad exist.

---- The Future of Age of Empires ----

Many gamers were horrified when Microsoft announced the closure of Ensemble Studios. But a little hope for the future returned when Robot was announced. Now it’s been almost a year and the community has heard nothing. Do you have a bone that you can throw us? Even a little one? If not we fully understand. Personally, I will be sad, but I will understand.

I’m really excited about the project we’re working on, but I can’t talk about it at all. There should be some announcements in the future, but I can’t say anything for now.

I even have some boilerplate text for this question:

“Hello , Thanks for inquiring about what projects Robot Entertainment is working on. Right now, we are supporting Age of Empires III and haven't announced what our next project is. Keep an eye on http://www.robotentertainment.com/projects/ for more information on what we're working on.”

Can we expect any more patches for Aoe3: Tad?

We do not have a patch at any stage of development right now, but if we determine a patch is needed we’ll definitely put one out.

If/when Aoe4 is released, will the World Cyber Games be a goal/priority for this game?

See previous answer about our current projects.

---- Random Questions ----

What kind of car do you drive?

2006 BMW 325i. It’s silver with a black leather interior.

What kind of computer do you have?

My main desktop at home is a custom built machine with an E8500, a Radeon 4850 and 8GB of ram running Windows 7. I also have a old HP laptop that I use on trips. At work I have a really kitted out Dell Precision workstation. At both places I have dual 24” monitors.

What is the first thing you do in the morning? Last thing before you go to bed?

First thing I do in the morning is feed my cat, Esteban. He’s 18lbs and very forceful in demanding his food. Then I check the forums in case anyone went nuts overnight (which happens, but thankfully much less often). Last thing before bed is checking the forums.

Can you walk us through a day in the life of Aloysius?

I usually wake up at 830am, feed Esteban and check the forums. At about 945 I head in to work, I only live a few minutes away by car. I usually kick off the day by going through Age3 and Halo Wars support emails and triaging them (deciding which to take care of immediately, and those to do later in the day). I usually do this and check on the forums and work on other tasks until lunch time. I usually go to lunch with the Design team since they’re a bunch of fun loving guys (unlike the morose and stoic programmers, or the lawsuit-waiting-to-happen artists) or eat at my desk if I have a heavy workload for the day. After lunch is when I really get into the swing of things for the day. If it’s a Monday, I have playtest right after lunch, and if not it’s down to writing reports, doing password resets or chasing account thieves. Sometimes I have to investigate bug reports or help our QA repro something. I also have a lot of other random tasks too, but they’re too small to go into detail. This usually goes on until about 6:30 or 7 depending on the day and then I head home. I’ll usually cook up something simple, watch a few tv shows or play a video game or two and hit the hay around 1am.

Briefly describe your weirdest dream?

I am either blessed or cursed with not being able to remember any of my dreams, ever.

---- Quick Questions ----

Favorite person?

Favorite TV show? The Venture Bros.

Favorite Drink? Alcoholic: Maker’s Mark and Coke, Non-Alcoholic: Pepsi

Favorite Food? Bone-in Ribeye, medium rare, with a béarnaise sauce.

Favorite Movie? The Shawshank Redemption

Favorite Color? Royal Purple

Favorite Hobby? Photography

Favorite Song? Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Favorite Band? Daft Punk

Cat or Dog? Cat

Pepsi or Coke? Pepsi

Hottest Woman? Hmm, this changes a lot. Right now; Lady Gaga in her Bad Romance video.

Hottest Man? I don’t really have a good answer for this one.

---- Word Association ----

Starcraft 2 - Blizzard

Pro – Wacko playing DOTA.

Noob – Former Live Producer Oscar Santos playing DOTA.

Korean – Daeji Bulgogi, an awesome beef dish

ESO – The Beast (this is our name for the server environment)

Robot Entertainment - Work

Past – 1880s Old West

Future – Back to the

Yellow - Blondes

Blue - Ocean

Iceland - Hakarl

Ninja - NinjaBee, makers of Kingdom for Keflings XBLA game.

Is there anything else you would like the Age of Empires community to know about you?

I know we’ve been running pretty quiet for the past year, but we should be announcing something soon. Also, I really don’t randomly ban people from ESO all the time, regardless of what anyone says. It’s only when I’m in a bad mood.

Thank you again for your time and effort!

Any time!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Vorg
post Feb 16 2010, 08:50 PM
Post #2

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

Group: Members

Submissions: None

Member No.: 51,493

lol

+Quote Post
Moose
post Feb 16 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #3

Moussaka
Group Icon

Group: Staff Alumni

Member No.: 57,941

Nice interview :thumbsup:

QUOTE(Aloysius @ Feb 17 2010, 01:38 AM)
Also, I really don’t randomly ban people from ESO all the time, regardless of what anyone says.  It’s only when I’m in a bad mood.

lol

This post has been edited by Moose_: Feb 16 2010, 08:53 PM

+Quote Post
Adacc
post Feb 16 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #4

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,003

Gamertag: tEk_Adacc

QUOTE(Vorg @ Feb 16 2010, 07:50 PM)
lol

why do you lol?

+Quote Post
goodspeed
post Feb 16 2010, 08:54 PM
Post #5

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 52,657

QUOTE(Adacc @ Feb 17 2010, 02:38 AM)
Is there anything else you would like the Age of Empires community to know about you?

I know we’ve been running pretty quiet for the past year, but we should be announcing something soon.  Also, I really don’t randomly ban people from ESO all the time, regardless of what anyone says.  It’s only when I’m in a bad mood.

This post has been edited by goodspeed: Feb 16 2010, 08:55 PM

+Quote Post
36drew
post Feb 16 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #6

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 64,569

Nicely written. Thank-you to Aloysius for taking the time to partake in this interview.

Also if there ever is an Age of Empires 4, I hope that they push hard to have it in the WCG and equally as hard for myself to do the commentary. :D

+Quote Post
Sunnydeeeee
post Feb 16 2010, 09:02 PM
Post #7

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 72,515

interesting interview!

+Quote Post
sG EmIL
post Feb 16 2010, 09:05 PM
Post #8

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

Group: TAD Expert

Member No.: 22,388

Gamertag: iRr00x

nice interview. nice to see the guy behind that nick that bans ppl!

can we ask what your payment is on RE? What do you normally earn on a month?

Do you play/do anything besides rts games? Play poker? Soccer?

+Quote Post
[KRT]fiasco
post Feb 16 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #9

Brigadier
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,558

It is cute

+Quote Post
LeGenD_
post Feb 16 2010, 09:21 PM
Post #10

Brigadier
Group Icon

Member No.: 41,500

thats a pretty inappropiate question emil :wub:

+Quote Post
L_Clan_Socrates
post Feb 16 2010, 09:58 PM
Post #11

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 38,266

QUOTE(Adacc @ Feb 16 2010, 09:38 PM)

Pro – Wacko playing DOTA.

Noob – Former Live Producer Oscar Santos playing DOTA.

Too true, too true...

+Quote Post
PlàÿîñÇhïçks
post Feb 16 2010, 10:03 PM
Post #12

Cadet
Group Icon

Member No.: 78,925

so this is the noob that banned every1 in my clan :devil:

+Quote Post
DoD_Jollyman
post Feb 16 2010, 10:31 PM
Post #13

The Village Drunk
Group Icon

Group: GOTW Reviewer

Member No.: 73,834

Baldur’s Gate II

As in Dark Alliance II? OP!

+Quote Post
rlfn
post Feb 16 2010, 10:33 PM
Post #14

Major-General
Group Icon

Member No.: 693

What do you like the most about your job?

Helping customers and dealing with the public are two of my favorite things to do at work. I keep a folder of emails that I get back from customers that say thanks and it always makes me smile to get one of those. Also the people I work with are the best ever. My boss is very cool and so is everyone else. Going to work at a place where there isn’t anyone you don’t like is an amazing thing.

Thanks! Print this asap and put in your folder! :devil:

Guess Wacko is not only bashing emo pub stompers, but co-workers too. 8)

And nice cat name. :)

+Quote Post
Viper
post Feb 16 2010, 11:40 PM
Post #15

ViperBot™
Group Icon

Group: Staff Alumni

Member No.: 10,610

QUOTE(Adacc @ Feb 17 2010, 12:08 PM)
ESO – The Beast (this is our name for the server environment)

lol @ "the beast". I'm not sure if that is a favourable analogy or not. Most likely not :P

Nice interview :thumbsup:

Btw, did a news on home page.

+Quote Post

3 Pages  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicTopic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:21 PM
About Us  ·   Advertising  ·   Contact Us  ·   Terms of Use  ·   Privacy Policy